7/6/2021

This week work has returned to the boot.  I made a template for the boot floor and then cut a piece of new lino for it.  Rebecca helped to glue down the lino, however we didn’t quite get it in exactly the correct position so some remedial work is needed.  I was annoyed to find the new lino had some cuts and scratches in it that were not done by us!  Having fitted the lino, I was able to fit the new steel sill (after painting the underside) that I made a while ago, then I hung the doors.  This revealed several fitting problems that hopefully I can overcome by shimming the hinges.

In between doing the above, I found time to paint the step light inside with some white paint and cut two rubber gaskets, one for mounting against the body and the other for sealing the lid to the base.  I also found some thin clear acrylic so I cut two pieces to form one thick piece for the small window in the light.  Still waiting for the brass hinge split pins to arrive.

Leave a Reply