I completed the nearside waistrail beading with the exception of the upper (half-round section) that fits under the last couple of windows and goes round to the number plate box.   That section is only temporary as I will have to remove it to fit the last window when the glass arrives.  The lower (flat) beading is now attached all the way from the entrance door to the rear number plate box.

Next I attached the boot door drip-rail to the body above the boot door opening.

The aluminium for the rear wheelarches and mudwings is on order.

Today I ordered the replacement glass for the last nearside window and the front destination box.

I also drilled all the holes in the right-hand boot door for all the fittings, including the missing ring-pull handle that by luck I found on eBay.    I noted also that the lower budget lock on this door was very stiff because it had probably never been used, owing to the fact that the hole in door frame was out of line with the hole in the lock tongue so a carriage key could not engage with it from outside.  I corrected this.

The pull handle needs a plate mounting on the inside of the door to give it something to pull on other than just the escutcheon screws.

View of NS waistrail looking forwards.

Rear end with beading and drip-rail above door opening.


Work this week has been concerned with making and fitting beading to the nearside, with a view to completing as much as possible before fitting the remaining window and making the rear mudwings.

So far the lower waistrail beading has been completed from the entrance to the rear numberplate box and the upper, half-round beading is almost complete, just the longest run needs trimming to fit between the entrance and the piece that curves around the rear corner.  The latter is only temporarily attached as it will need to be removed again to allow the last window to be replaced.

At the entrance, the vertical beading above and below the waistrail and the half-round beading under the small window has been fitted.


Progress has been slow again recently but I did manage to temporarily fit the missing NS window frame with a view to establishing accurately the position of the upper waistrail beading.

I spent some time measuring and establishing the needs for wiring conduit for the front and rear lights, which has now been ordered.

I fabricated and painted a new drip rail for the boot doors from J-section.