Today I removed the old screws and dowelled the resulting holes in the NSR corner vertical. The new woodwork and the existing in this area are now ready for painting. I also replaced the pieces of timber between the verticals on the boot floor; these support the plywood inner lining of the boot. The next major piece of work is fabricating the steel gusset plates for the joints between the bearers and the verticals. The 1/4″ through bolts (including 4″ ones for the corner reinforcements) are on order so by the time the plates are cut, drilled and painted they should be in stock ready for assembly.
I completed the fettling of the the new timber for the nearside of the boot perimeter rail today and screwed it in place. One problem I encountered was that the timber had not been cut to width accurately by the supplier so I ended up having to take about 1/4″ of the deepest face. However the rail is now fitted and the joints with the verticals have been profiled so all is well.
Today was spent fettling the perimeter rail bit by bit to get a good fit with the side rods and at the corner. It is almost done, just needs a bit taking of the the corner end.