The last few days have been all about making the timbers for the wheelarch framing. I have now managed to assemble the forward half of the wheelarch frame, including a new steel flitch plate, and have finally aligned the lower perimeter rails with the rear of the bus so the sides will be straight as Weymann intended.
Wheelarch timbers assembled and new flitch plate fitted.
The rear half of the wheelarch cannot be assembled until I have replaced the lower half of the first side rod behind the wheel opening.
Today has been spent continuing to manufacture the timbers to rebuild the nearside wheelarch. The parts are mostly complete, I need to make the packing that gives shape to the outer face of the pillars and then give the parts not treated a good soak in preservative.
The jigsaw comes together – trial assemble of wheelarch timbers, still some adjustment to do.
New bandsaw blades arrived today so I started to cut out the pieces for the top section and rearward section of the new wheelarch frame.
I also applied a coat of wood primer to the underside of the floor and framing in the vicinity of the wheelbox.