Assembled the metalwork to the rear of the OS wheelarch today, this took most of the day. Then I drilled and countersunk the screw holes in the OS boot upper liner panel to make it easier to fit once the stress panel is in place. The last part of the day was spent cleaning and derusting the metal gangway support in the boot.
I painted with aluminium paint the underside of the floor and the body frame primed yesterday in preparation for assembly of the two new steel flitchplates I made over the last few days. I also painted in workshop grey the filler piece that goes between the two steel plates.
I fitted the timber support for the NS inner wheelarch as my last job of the day.
Having cut the new metalwork yesterday and etch primed it, I gave it three coats of blue protective enamel. Whilst waiting for each coat to dry, I prepared for painting the frame timbers at the rear of the wheelarch, including treating with Vactan various bits of bolt heads, nuts and brackets . I managed to give them a coat of primer before lunch, Johnstones on the wood and red oxide on the metal after the Vactan had cured. The last job was to cut two new pieces of framing from the last piece of Ash from STS depot at Wapley. These two pieces are screwed to the body bearer immediately behind the wheelarch and provide a ledge to which the inner wheelarches can be screwed. Two similar pieces are provided at the front edge, that on the NS is missing but the one on the OS is in place and in good condition. The last job of the day was a bit of screw-hole repair with dowels around the boot side and emergency door.