20/4/2021

The cardboard template for the wheelarch opening was used to mark out some 1″ ply to create a buck to form the aluminium mudwings.  I made two pieces so I could sandwich the material so that the front face would be as flat as possible.  I had to use a lot of heat to fold the flange around the buck, using my panel hammer and the hand-held anvils.  I completed the nearside one today, the offside having been finished earlier.  The final finishing for the flange needs to be done after the lower edge had been shaped and wire beaded.

Last thing today I marked out the buck for the lower edge of the wings, I will cut this out tomorrow.

Leave a Reply