First job of the week was completeing the missing section of half-drop frame, adapted from an aluminium extrusion intended for edging a porch canopy.  This required some very careful work, cutting down to length and size and removing an inner piece which I managed by grinding a slot in it then using a 6mm drill as an edge mill to clean out the slot.  I removed the glass from the from the frame that was to receive the new piece and cleaned up the top rail and the clasp handles.  A tricky job was making the brackets to join the corners of the frame with the new piece, several attempts ensued despite the fact I had made several of these before.  However they were completed and the frame succesfully assembled with new glass and silicone glazing compound.  Although on the surface a small thing, this was a job that I had long waited to do, uncertain of how to achieve it.  So a small milestone!  At the end of the day I started to cut the nylon top strips for the window frames but problems with the bandsaw meant I couldn’t complete this task before end of play on Saturday, however this was repaired on Sunday morning and I was able to cut the remaining nylon strips.  They need tidying up though.