The fuel gauge has been reassembled and is now installed, some difficulty was encountered with the mounting studs tending to screw in but that was overcome.  The previously refurbished windscreen wiper motor was found to have oil seeping from the gearbox so I removed the top cover and made a new paper gasket and used Hylomar on the joint.   I was able to spray paint the cover matt black whilst it was off which had improved its appearance.

Work has continued from the previous entry in the cab area with  the removal of the windscreen for glass replacement and general refurbishment, and to provide access to the cab steelwork.  Power-wire-brushing of the rear of the dash panel has enabled that to be treated with Vactan though this is not yet totally complete.  I have treated the dash front and the area under the windscreen where there is steel rather than aluminium.  Some paint has been removed around the cab window frame.

The panel that curves around from the door to the headlamp/dash panel above the O/S front wheelarch has been removed.  I deliberated over this for a while but in the end I decided it was so rotten I should make a new one.  I was afraid it would be difficult to remove because it slides under the steel window frame overlap but in the end it came out quite easily.  This neccesitated removing several pieces of beading which should be reusable and the steel draught excluder for the cab door,

Some small bits and pieces being prepared for painting.  The drivers’ mirror has been, stripped it apart and along with its mounting brackets it has been prepared it for painting.